Who I am
This website address is: https://www.damiencarbery.com.
You can email me, Damien Carbery, at firstname.lastname@example.org
What personal data I collect and why I collect it
When visitors leave comments on the site I collect the data shown in the comments form (name, email, website address and the comment). I do not store the visitor’s IP address.
If I have a question related to your comment I may email you directly. I will not use your email for any other purpose.
Akismet, an anti-spam service, collects information about visitors who comment on this site. The information it collects the commenter’s IP address, user agent, referrer, and Site URL (along with other information directly provided by the commenter such as their name, username, email address, and the comment itself).
I use StatCounter and Google Analytics for analytics. This helps me to understand site visitors better and what content is of interest to them. I use this data to improve the website and make it more relevant to the visitors.
- Time and date of visit (this can help identify and plan for busy periods on the website)
- IP address (this can help see what cities people access the site from and what providers they use)
- Browser and Operating System (this can help to make sure that the website functions correctly in the browsers/operating systems used to access the site)
- Device Information e.g. device type and screen size (this can help to make sure that the website functions correctly in the devices used to access the site)
- Referring Data e.g. a search engine link (this can help to understand which search engines are helping visitors to find the website)
- Landing Page and Exit Pages (this can help to understand what pages are popular)
Furthermore, when you visit our website a cookie (called “is_unique“) may be placed in your browser. This cookie is used only to determine whether you are a first-time or returning visitor and to estimate unique visits to the site.
You can opt out from StatCounter by setting a refusal cookie.
You can out of Google Analytics by installing a browser add-on.
The contact form requires your name (so that I know how to address you when I reply to you) and email address (so that I know how to reply to you). Messages submitted via the contact form are stored temporarily to ensure that I don’t miss such messages. These are deleted periodically.
Embedded content from other websites
Articles on this site may include embedded content (e.g. YouTube videos, images, articles, etc.). Embedded content from other websites behaves in the exact same way as if the visitor has visited the other website.
How long I retain your data
If you leave a comment, the comment and its metadata are retained indefinitely. This is so I can recognize and approve any follow-up comments automatically instead of holding them in a moderation queue.
What rights you have over your data
If you have left comments you can request to receive an exported file of the personal data I hold about you, including any data you have provided to me. You can also request that I erase any personal data I hold about you. This does not include any data I am obliged to keep for administrative, legal, or security purposes.
Your contact information
I, Damien Carbery, am the Data Protection Officer. You can email me at email@example.com
How we protect your data
The accounts on this site use strong passwords that are not disclosed to third parties.