This was one of the staples that my mum used to make for special occasions - the other was éclairs. They are really easy to make and can be made in a few hours.
They are really easy to make and can be made in a few hours (most of the time required is chilling it in the fridge).
- 4oz/115g Butter
- 1 can Sweetened Condensed Milk
- 12oz/360g Chocolate (e.g. Dairy Milk)
- 10oz/300g Rich Tea biscuits
- Line a baking tin with aluminium foil.
- Melt the butter, 8oz/240g of chocolate and the sweetened condensed milk in a large saucepan.
- Crush the biscuits (put in a freezer bag and bash by hand or with a hammer)
- Mix the biscuits into the melted ingredients in the saucepan.
- Spoon into the baking tin and spread out evenly.
- Put the baking tin into the fridge to chill and harden.
- When the mixture is cooled melt the remaining 4oz/120g of chocolate and pour on top of the chilled mixture.
- Return to the fridge to harden the melted chocolate.
- Remove from the baking tin and cut into small pieces.