An irresistible oats based shortbread cookies and super easy to make. Warning - once you start eating them it can be hard to stop!
- 275g (140g) porridge oats
- 100g (50g) plain flour
- 150g (75g) caster sugar (I drop this to 120g/60g)
- 1/2 teaspoon (1/4 tspn) bicarbonate of soda
- 225g (115g) butter, softened
- Blend the porridge oats in a food processor until almost like flour.
- Soften (but don’t melt) the butter in a microwave.
- Add rest of ingredients and mix until it is like a dough.
- Roll out the dough on a floured surface until about 5mm thick (I roll them to 10mm using a Joseph Joseph Adjustable Rolling Pin).
- Cut into shapes and put on a baking tray (there is no need to grease the tray).
- Bake at 180°C for 15-20 mins until pale golden and slightly firm (I never bake them for longer than 12 mins).
- Transfer to a wire rack to cool.
Sometimes I put a chocolate chip on top of each cookie before baking.